About Gadao's Big Guam Page
Welcome to Gadao's beachside website about the beautiful island of Guam. For those who have never been
to Guam you'll find it's a paradise full of sunshine, tropical breezes, and friendly faces!
I've got some interesting links to help you get the flavor of life here, island style life that is!
For those who are newcomers to Gadao's beachfront corner of the web, you might be wondering...'Gadao- what kind of name is
that? If you follow this link it will
explain some of the history of this honorable name. But please bear in mind I do not typically
break coconuts with my hands, it's usually with a hammer!
Gadao's Big List of Guam Links
- Talayero Tales
- Rarely updated anymore, but still an excellent commentary on island lifestyle!
- Auntie Charo!
- The best in the latest island news and commentary.
- Bisita Guam - with Ben Blaz
- A superb site for Chamorro history and cultural information.
- A terrific new site from Alex Sian of Virtual Guam fame! Lots of Guam info- check it out!
- Life on Guam as a family of four
- A great site by some new friends! Check out their terrific links, inspirational articles and family news!
- Mansapit Family Homepage
- A great Guamanian home page! Stop in and visit with or without your zorries!
- Bob Johns Homepage
- Another great Guamanian home page! Lots of good info and links, check it out!
- EQ Web Designs
- Great web design site, with Paint shop Pro tips. Unfortunatley he no longer has Chamorro music.
- Islan Guahan Web Page
- Very nice site with a terrific selection of Chamorro music.
- Brown Bag Audio Productions
- Ray Baza has a great site, I don't know why I have not listed it until now. Check out the Chamorro midis!
- IT&E Overseas Inc.
- A source for some Guam E-mail addresses and personal web pages!
- GTA telephone directory
- Find the Guam phone numbers you're looking for online!
- Guam Election Coverage
- Election results, coverage and archive of election info.
- Rlene Live Home
- Great commentary and insight on Guam news & issues. Off-islanders check her photo
section for current event pics!
- KUAM: First on Guam!
- This site has been completely revamped and greatly improved! Gadao says check it out now!
- Newstalk K-57 radio on Guam
- Check out realtime news from Guam on RealAudio.
- Marianas Variety
- This page is back in business! Gadao says check it out!
- The Honolulu Star Bulletin
- For those who desire more news from the Pacific
- The Honolulu Advertiser
- I prefer The Star Bulletin, but to be fair the Advertiser is good also.
- Latte Magazine online
- A great site from our favorite home-grown magazine. Interesting feature articles, but no longer updated.
- Honolulu Weekly Front Page
- Additional perspective from our friends in Hawaii
- Saipan Tribune Online - Top Headlines
- A terriffic source for current events on Saipan.
- Manila Bulletin
- Best resource for current events in the Philippines.
- Business World - Manila,Philippines
- A great resource for current business info in the Philippines.
- Pacific Daily News
- A little slow to load but a good source for Guam news!
- PMC Isla Health System
- A very nicely done site with interesting health care links and info on staying healthy i.e cut down on the bbq spare ribs!
- Guam Memorial Hospital
- Info on Guam's largest health care facility open to the general public
- U. S. Naval Hospital, Guam
- Nice site but slow to load. Guam's military healthcare facility (and perhaps best facility).
- Entertainment Guam
- A terrific new site for all types of entainment on Guam!
- Area 50 Brown Tree Snake Guam
- A must visit site for info on recent brown tree snake removal research conducted on Guam!
- NBII: Brown Tree Snake Online
- Fascinating information about Guam's infamous brown tree snake!
- University of Guam Marine Lab
- Learn about current marine research being done on Guam!
- Golfing Guam!
- A quick reference for some of the golf on Guam!
- Trades Jazz Club
- After a day at the beach, why not round it off with some great jazz!
- Guam Shopping Guide
- Where to shop 'til you drop!
- Guam Super Shopper
- A great online shopping reference
- Guam Cyberstore
- More teriffic Guam products and gifts online
- Coconut Villa Gift Shop
- A great resource for Chamorro CD's and Chamorro handcrafts on-line. One of my favorites! Tell em Gadao sent you!
- Island Treasures on-line shopping
- Where to buy goods from Micronesia on-line!
- Peska Net Dot Com aka Shop Guam Online
- A fine selection of Chamorro music and books! Gadao says check it out!
- Music Micronesia.com
- Micronesian music and even some mp3's for download!
- Guam CyberMag
- A good resource for some Guam business links!
- Guam Chamber of Commerce
- Visitor & business info galore
- Guam official Web Page
- A terrific resource for all information about Guam.
- Government of Guam - Official Depts
- Here is a handy shortcut to GovGuam's department links and e-mail addresses
- Guam Speaker of the House
- An old site but worth noting for reference and information
- Guam Visitors Bureau
- They have a slow server, but great info for visitors.
- Kuentos Home page
- Where Guam's internet day begins.
- Gef Pa'go Inalahan
- Information about the Chamorro Cultural Village in Inarahan!
- Guam National Tennis Federation
- Nice site and great info about tennis events on Guam!
- GNOC Homepage
- Everything you wanted to know about the South Pacific Games, but were afraid to ask!
- The Chamorro Web Ring
- Many links to personal Guam web sites!
- The Micronesian Islands Webring
- Great site with links to Guam and other Micronesian web pages!
- Virtual Guam
- Gone but not forgotten! This was a terrific Guam site.
- The Microstate Network
- A superb jumping off point for Pacific Island information.
- Pacific Islands Monthly
- More news and events for the Pacific region. Very nice site.
- Welcome to Chamorro Land!
- Site has a great Chamorro language section
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Home Page
- A terrrific web site for the other islands in the Marianas.
- RotaIsland.com - Info about the island of Rota
- A good resource for information about Guam's neighboring island.
- The CocoNET Wireless, Pacific Islands News
- Hooray! This site is up and running again. Check it out!
- USP GIS Pacific Island Atlas
- A nice source of maps and general in for the Pacific Islands!
- The Japan Times Online
- A great site to keep up with current events in Japan!
- Friends Of Micronesia [FOM]
- A nice site with fun info about our neighboring islands.
Supporting our courageous troops in Afghanistan, the Middle East and elsewhere in the world.
Let's Learn Chamorro!
Visitors to this site who are not familiar with Guam may wonder
about the language there. While today English is predominant on Guam, Chamorro
is the native language and still spoken frequently. It is an ancient
language with it's roots dating back 5,000 years! Gadao has gathered
for your convenience links to some excellent Chamorro language resources.
Please take some time and explore these links and learn the language and
history of the noble and courageous Chamorro people of Guam!
- Fino Chamorro
- Terrific wav files featuring Chamorro words and phrases!
- Kanton Tasi-Fino Chamorro
- A very nice lesson in some basic Chamorro words and a new Chamorro dictionary!
- Languages of Guam
- Downloadable Chamorro translator and language lessons!
- offisland.com -- Chamorro Language
- A superb site with terrific language lessons!
- Talayero Tales-Nov9
- Excellent commentary on the Chamorro language vs English!
Gadao's Weather Links
Hey! What's the weather going to be like today in Merizo? The same as Agana-sunny
and warm! See you at the beach!
Check out these great links for additional weather info!
- National Weather Service Office, Tiyan, Guam
- A no non-sense, hour by hour text report of current weather on Guam.
- Chicken Little's Weather Page
- A great resource for the latest island weather report with cool graphs.
- USA Today (Guam Weather)
- This site has a nice 5 day forecast and links to other cities.
- WeatherPost--Agana, Guam
- Weather page from the Washington post. Great links and animated weather views!
- NPMOCW Western Pacific Ocean
- Terrific Pacific weather and seas info! Be sure to check the Java full disk water vapor link - truly impressive!
Gadao's Bonus Special Feature
Recently Gadao was asked a question by a web site visitor regarding Guam mammals. As a result of
that query and my subsequent answere, I thought I'd post for everyone's entertainment
and edification some links about the ever popular Chamorro delicacy of fruit bats! Hey I know
you won't see fruit bat on the menu at McDonalds, or a new Chamorro Slam breakfast
at Denny's featuring these creatures! But they were and still are popular enough to be
endangered. So why not learn a little about some research that was done regarding these
animals and reflect on their cultural significance.
- Bat Conservancy Intl
- Lemke, Dr. Thomas O., 1986. Marianas Fruit Bats Near Extinction . BATS. Vol 3, No 1:1-2.
- Bat Conservancy Intl
- Payne, Nicholas, 1984. Fruit Bat Off the Menu? . BATS. Vol 1, No 1:1-2.
- Rachel's Bat Basics
- Good general information about bats with links to additional info!
- Fruit Bat Soup
- For those who don't agree with fruit bat conservation, here's a nice recipe. Barbequed with a finadene
marinade is good also!
Do you have a comment, suggestion, or complaint for Gadao? Well, by all means
tell your old friend Gadao in an E-mail!
The Mackey Feary Memorial Website
A touching tribute to one of the most well loved and talented musicians to
ever come from the Pacific. We miss you Mackey...fly on nightbird, fly on!
This page has been visited times.